Welcome to Author Essentials Workshops
Taking your creative work and learning how to make it your living
Use the discount code: sagap2p
SAGA Materials Links coming soon - bookmark this page, or get the above P2P and fundamentals class with code sagap2p and you'll get video as well!
Use the exclusive code: saga23
For a 20% discount off Business Essentials for Writers or the Limited offer for the
Core Bundle that includes all future core workshops!
AVAILABLE IN THE DEALER'S ROOM
Do you need to sell more books? Do you want to make money from writing? Are you trying to make your living as a writer and struggling? Are you a writer looking to get to the next level in your career? Are you looking to use being an author as a way to further your business, and your career? Business Essentials for authors is your business 101 guide for the publishing industry, whether you have never published at all or are looking to take your professional career up a notch in an easy to read and conversational way. The book covers the five pillars of business:
• Meet all of the people and jobs in the publishing industry, and how they fit together.
• Building the foundation of your business and career, including paths to publication (New York publishing, small and mid-tier presses, and self-publishing), answering the burning question, what is an author platform and how to create yours, and how to develop your plan.
• Understanding sales and marketing in publishing, how and where to sell books, and developing your personal and author brand.
• Establishing all of the operational side of any business from contracts and intellectual property, working with different tools and technologies (including social media), and how to design and build your website.
• Learning how money works as an author, basic accounting, and making more money.
We look at all this and more from a long-term strategic view, how to get the plan done, and the mindset to make it all work.